Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Popcorn, Get your Popcorn!



Notice the "Steeler" salt shaker!  I did forget to put the brown paper lunch bag in the picture, but you know what they look like.
 Ahh, there is nothing like a fresh bowl of popcorn as you sit down to relax for the evening.  I love popcorn and have a great recipe for a cheap and healthy way to eat a loved snack.  Holly posted this on her blog and at first I tried it, but stuck to my ready made bags, now I use this recipe all the time.  And no my kids can't eat popcorn, but that makes me smile because there is more for me!!!!  Selfish I know, but sometimes when they are in bed it is a nice treat and well I think I deserve a treat too.
All you need is:

1/4 cup popcorn
1 brown paper bag (lunch size)
salt and butter to taste (I use the spray butter)

Okay so it's not all that healthy if you are like me and like salt and lots of butter!  But remember I told you it was my treat.

Microwave it for 1min 30seconds - 3minutes, depends on your microwave.

The best part is that you can reuse the brown bag several times...until there is a whole in it!  I buy a bag of kernels for less than $2 at a local store and it lasts months.

I also just read in this months Ladies Home Journal that microwave popcorn bags contain a chemical that has been shown to start menopause early in women!  They recommend popping popcorn in a brown bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment