Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ahh, Sugar Sugar

I sent my husband to the store and as you may know he usually finds the economy size items and definitely doesn't stick to my list.  He always finds something he thinks we need, always thinking ahead!  I asked for sugar because yesterday morning when I went to get my coffee ready (SUGAR, MILK, and a dash of Coffee) I took that first wake me up drink and it burned my mouth.  No it wasn't too hot, I had put SALT in it not SUGAR.  My sweet husband decided to lovingly fill the sugar bowl thinking he was putting sugar in it, but instead grabbed the container of salt.  Now to his defense I have salt in a Tupperware container that is not labeled.  It certainly woke me up, but did not improve my mood.
He did go to the store for me and this is what he brought home:


Yes, this is what 50 pounds of sugar looks like!  Now, he tells me he purchased this large amount because we are about to embark on our yearly canning.  I guess he is thinking ahead and wants to be sure that we don't run out of sugar. 
I must also mention the large economy size Saltines and Honey Graham Crackers that he brought home and two bags of Twizzlers!  He certainly makes me laugh when he goes shopping.  Yes, I would rent him out if you would like economy sizes and a dash of surprise added to your grocery list.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your new blog. Fabulous pics and informative and funny comments. Enjoyed thoroughly. Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!! This made me crack up. 50 pounds of sugar? Wow....

    ReplyDelete