Well today I saw a local nutritionist and I am hopeful that my life will be changed for the good. I not only have a desire to be fit, but to raise a fit family as well. I believe in God and know that he has lead me to great things. My first reason for this appointment was to help Ava with her health struggles. I want to give her a life without doctors and medicine...maybe wishful thinking, not sure? After all the doctors and poking she has had to deal with I want more for her. Ed has fully supported this because of his love for our children and seeing all that Ava has endured in the last 6 months. I want to publicly thank Ed for giving me his support in this, it means the world to me to have his love. He has had a hunch for a long time that Ava's problems stem from her digestive system...God at work leading us to this appointment. As it turns out he is probably hitting the nail on the head.
I have chosen to blog about my story because today is the day it starts and I want to be someone to encourage others and spread the news of how food works. I spent over two hours this morning with Cathy and she is a blessing in my life. Although I may struggle to keep within her guidelines:)
This is the list of things I am to do starting today:
1. NO sweet drinks at all!!! I have to drink Almond Milk (unsweetened) and if dying add Stevia.
2. Four times a week run on treadmill for 15 minutes (something I try to do anyway). She made a point to say we eat more than once a day we need to move more than once a day:)
3. Massage or rub legs and arms and trouble area...mine is stomach, hips, thighs, butt (midsection). This is for circulation and to break down fat storage. My fat stores in the mid-section. She advised to rub 4 times a day...I wrote down 6-7 times thinking I can really use the break down to take affect like...yesterday!
4. Drink 90 oz. of water a day. She wants me to get annoyed at how often I pee. I am dehydrated!!! Therefore my body holds onto water for dear life and I have a large amount of water gain or feeling bloated.
5. Before I grab a cup of coffee in the morning I am to drink 8-12 oz of water.
6. For 15 days take a supplement called "Tiao He Cleanse" ($40) only to do 2 times a year 3 at most and only if going through an extremely stressful situation. Now this is a Chinese supplement, 6 pills, that I take two times a day. The directions state to drink with 8oz. water then once taken drink another glass of water. Basically I will have 2-3 bowel movements a day ( and I am generally very regular), but she feels I have about 14lbs of fecal matter to loose! If you are constipated can you imagine how much you have inside!! LOL The directions also state to eat fresh fruits, vegetables (especially green leafy ones) and whole grains. Avoid eating red meat, coffee, alcohol, and sugary or fried foods. Drink plenty of water...90oz is plenty.
7. I had Ed take pictures of me from front, side and back. No I am not posting those beauties yet! In 5 mths I want to post those along with 3 more updated pictures. In 5 months it will be Christmas Eve...God at works again. Funny guy, huh?
Can you imagine...my whole family is about to live with me for a week on vacation where I will be drinking enough water to fill the ocean then pooping 14lbs...sounds enjoyable, huh?
A few other notes on me is that I take in too much salty foods and sugary foods and I eat too much meat. I am to wake up my bitter and sour palette with green apples. I should use Feta Cheese as my go to cheese.
Ava is to take a supplement called Raw Probiotics by Garden of Life, to support her digestive and immune health. Cathy feels Ava has a weakened immune system and we will see great improvements once it is running to full potential. She will take 1/4 tsp in her milk or water or juice. It can even be put on apple or yogurt. Then gradually work up to 3/4 tsp. Cathy did give high praise to the company "Garden of Life" she doesn't get anything for advertising just loves their products and christian beliefs/background.
Here is a list of videos to watch online: (This is part of my homework too)
* http://www.wholeapproach.com/ is a 10 minute questionnaire that she will gain information from to see how deep my problem is. My answers should stem from my late 20's to early 30's.
* Marketing Madness (u-tube)
* Killer at Large
* Bad Seed
* Food Inc.
* Food Matters
* Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead
My next appointment is Friday, August 30th. She is one busy lady with lots of appointments. Thanks to Jill for telling me about this place and encouraging to reach out to her and get help for Ava other than another medical doctors. So many things have "fallen" into place for my family and I have God to thank for all these blessings even the ones that are in disguise as something terrible.