Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pie Pie, Pie Par = Caterpillar




Ava is more interested in saying, "cheese" for the camera then she is in the pie par.

I'm sure this caterpillar is thinking...What in the world are these people doing?
You say tomato, I say tamato...my kids say pie pie or pie par and the rest of us say caterpillar.  As usual we went outside after dinner, mainly so the kids can run off their energy before settling in for the night.  Blake found a caterpillar crawling up a branch that was left from the latest storm.  This was very exciting to my 2 1/2 year old son whom loves insects (unlike his mommy).  He decided to try and coax it into a yellow cup, but it was not interested so we watched for a while and then decided to kiss it good bye while we played ball and mowed (toy mower also referred to as mo-mo).  As usual I told the kids they had five minutes until we had to go in for bath.  Not that a 18mth or 2 1/2 year old understand this, but I do it anyway.  We cleaned up and decided to say good night to the caterpillar, but we could not find it.  I lovingly told them that the caterpillar was probably busy getting ready for bed too.  They accepted this answer and we trotted inside for our night routine of bath, snack and Cailou.  I was getting a treat out for our dog, Tad, when I looked down to see this caterpillar on my shirt!  I ran over to the kids to see if they noticed anything strange about my shirt and Blake was so excited to see his caterpillar hanging on to my shirt.  I on the other hand was less than pleased to have a creepy crawly on my shirt (he was on me through bath and snack), but I tried to remain calm and told them I would be right back in after I peeled the sticky legs off with a thick blade of grass.  Just another exciting evening in our house:)

1 comment: