Friday, August 19, 2011

Our Pool Trips

The summer just isn't the same to me unless I have spent some time by the pool.  Now we don't have a pool, well we do and I fit comfortably in it, but I mean the kind you can dive into.  This year I have been blessed to visit a slew of pools.  We started the summer at Brenda's pool (Ed's sister) next we invited ourselves to  Kerry's pool (Sheila's sister), then went to Erin's pool (well technically her parents), hopped over to Moss Springs (thanks to Sheila being a member) and today hiked up to the Pine's pool (Suzanne's Dad and Step mom).  I haven't captured many pictures, in fact today is the first time I pulled my camera out, because I am a nervous nellie around water.  I am professional swimmer = I am very confident and comfortable in water, but my kids have not had any lessons and are used to the simple baby pool out back or the bath tub, which is why I am nervous to not have my hands on them at all times.  Let me also mention that I am not in "swimsuit form".  Anyway I am so glad I have pushed through my nerves and taken them because Blake has really gotten much more confident in the water since our first pool visit.  In fact I am so happy with his progress that I have decided to take both Blake and Ava for swimming lessons at our local YMCA.  I want my kids to be able to swim and feel comfortable around the water.  It has been a skill that I truly appreciate having thanks to my Mom signing my brother and I up for it every summer.  Now Ava, she is what you call overly confident.  Yesterday she was diving into the water head first.  I had to gently pull  yank her out and she just sputtered the water out of her mouth and went on like nothing was happening!  I on the other hand almost fainted.  Thank goodness we were in the wading pool.  I look forward to the days that I can read a book in my chair by pool and my kids play and splash in the pool.  I also look forward to the day I can afford a membership at our local pool:)
Here are to two quick pictures I snapped yesterday!
Breanna, Blake, Lauren and Ashely.  Brady was working with his Pappy during this quick photo moment.


Ava eating a pretzel.  All that swimming makes a girl hungry and we know what happens if we don't eat...very fussy.


No comments:

Post a Comment