Sunday, June 12, 2011

Yard Sale Extravaganza

Over the weekend I headed to my favorite Kid Yard Sale.  This only comes twice a year, but boy do I look forward to it.  My friend Holly is the one that got me hooked on this yard sale.  I was never one to go to them, until I saw all that she was purchasing for a fraction of the cost and I certainly couldn't tell that were "used" items!
My Goods

I came home so happy that I found a train table for Blake's trains and even a power operated car!  I always wanted one of these when I was little so when I saw this one for $30 I had to have it for my kids.  So it is a Barbie one, but luckily Blake doesn't notice and is just thrilled to ride around on it.  When I got it out he said, "Who-hoo, Cool Man!".   When I told him the day before that I was going to a yard sale is there anything he wanted he told me a "goldfish".  Luckily they didn't have any for sale and I don't think he noticed that I didn't bring one home!  Note to my Mom:  DO NOT BUY A GOLDFISH!  Our deal is no more live animals unless approved by Ed and I.  Anyway I had a huge list and was pleased to have most on my list, including a Leapster that Holly insisted I buy for $2!  I am thrilled my purchases, even though I spent more than I wanted, don't tell Ed:)

2 comments:

  1. That leapster was seriously the deal of the day! I just bought that exact same leapster four months ago for $35! I know you probably don't even know what to do with it right now, but I'll show you and Blake could probably play it in the next few months or so! I was just wondering how you got home with all that stuff? I was worried about you until I got this vision of you trying to carry everything down that long trek to the car...and then I started cracking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Wish I could have been there to help load it all up. I know what a job that can be :-)

    ReplyDelete