Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer Fun

Before school ended we went on a picnic to kick off the summer of fun!  Now that Blake and Ava are getting bigger we have had some new experiences and today was no different.  My girlfriends and I loaded the kids with old clothes and PB & J sandwiches and headed to one of our local parks.  We let the kids wade through the stream to keep cool.  My two have never waded in a stream before.  Blake was a little cautious, while Ava had no fear or problem diving right into the cold water.  They had a wonderful time helping their friends fill their bucket with water and rocks.  Mine even enjoyed climbing up and down the bank of the stream.  Blake said he liked throwing the rocks...little did he know we did that to ensure if there were any snakes that they headed downstream!  Then we headed to the picnic table to eat the popular PB & J sandwiches, goldfish and peaches.  After eating the kids chased butterflies.  Blake also liked when his friends Kate and Ethan chased him. We cleaned up and headed home.  I was feeling great about another outing that I have accomplished with my little babies.
Ava and Blake in the stream.  Note that Ava is wearing her birthday t-shirt!  No it's not her birthday, but I needed something old  and I figured that she wouldn't be able to wear next year!  My mom said we celebrate our kids everyday!

Blake filling Ellie's bucket. 

Ava splashing around in Ethan's bucket of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment