Thursday, June 2, 2011

Markers for a 1 year old? I must be CRAZY!

Yesterday, Blake wanted to "paint", which means use crayons or chalk or dry erase markers or water colors.  He got an art easel at Christmas and the one side uses chalk the other dry erase markers.  I got him four markers out and showed Ava what to do.  I thought great that will keep the two of them busy while I get dinner on the table.  How much of mess can they make in 15 minutes.  (Dinner was in the slow cooker, I am not a magician)  Blake as usual paints and uses the markers correctly (I take very little credit b/c he usually does the "right" thing with little instruction from me).  Ava, well she is another story.  She is the crafty and creative one in the group.  She wants to know what else she can do with these markers.  The pictures don't do it justice, but know that she had marker on her lips (she "tries" everything), on her toes, outfit and of course on the floor!
She looks like she feels bad, but she more upset that I wanted her to hand me the marker!
Ava's floor art work!

1 comment: