Wednesday, June 1, 2011

4,269...

That's how many steps Holly, Erin and I took last night on our first run together in Holly's neighborhood!  213 is the number of calories we burned.  80+ was the temperature outside last night.  36 is the number of minutes it took us to run that far.  By my calculation we ran 2.25miles.  Of course I say ran, but we also walked.  Did I mention the heat let alone the humidity.  My body did okay, but my stamina and breathing in the hot outdoors is something I really need to improve on.  Let's just say when we ran I barely contributed to the conversation and when we walked I secretively prayed that Holly and Erin would get lost in the topic we were on and forget that we were to run too:)  After running we picked up our water (which we had at the end of the driveway) and collapsed in chairs in the back of the house.  We were soaked and complaining of blisters, sore legs and an aching shin.
We have 34 days until the big 4th of July Firecracker Race.  Let's keep it up ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment