Thursday, June 23, 2011

Trading Jillian for Bob

Well, as you know I am on a quest to get in shape so to help get there I have been "faithfully" running.  A couple of weeks ago me and my crew (Holly and Erin) asked a fellow friend that we graduated high school with to join us.  Now this sweet girl, Julie, has been a runner all her life and was warned that we were not runners so this would not be a workout.  Well, let's just say she had me begging to walk!  We had to run every hill we encountered.  When you are on the streets of our town driving you would probably ask yourself, "What hills?".  If you are running the streets of our hometown you would know them well.  It was a real workout and we did complete the 5K route, it may have taken us 44 minutes, but we did it.  Afterwards, I limped away on my poor hurting shins and aching heel and ate a poptart!  Not the best way to get into shape is to go home and eat, but I know my crew confessed to doing the same and eating things just as unhealthy as a poptart:)  Julie, my friend, I can't say that I will see you during race unless it is you on the home stretch and I will still be chugging along.  I also want to trade you in, whom we nicknamed Jillian from the Biggest Loser, for Bob the other Biggest Loser trainer.  Let me also point out that I didn't run for a week after that and yes, I am telling on my crew because they also didn't run for a week or more!  I love my crew!  To make matters worse we have been running on Tuesdays, but this week switched to Wednesday, I hope "Jillian" didn't show up a day ahead and think we stood her up.  We did complete the 5K route again and accomplished it in 43 minutes, which is a real milestone in our books.

No comments:

Post a Comment