Thursday, June 2, 2011

Strawberry Picking

Holly and her girls (Kate & Ellie), Erin and her two (Ethan & Emma) and me and my two (Blake and Ava) set out to go strawberry picking.  I would highly recommend going to pick strawberries.  This was Erin's and my first time attempting to pick berries, let alone bring a gang of little ones.  We had a blast and I can't wait to pick blueberries in July!  We left my house a little after 9am and were picking by 9:30am.  The weather was picture perfect, after the last couple of days of heat and humidity, we had 75 degree temp with no humidity ,we were the only ones picking and no bugs!  The kids had a great time.  I was nervous with Blake and Ava, but they did a great job.  I had Blake picking out red objects around the house in the morning and wearing a red shirt to help remind him of picking only the red strawberries.  Ava picked one, squished it and tried to eat it.  All in all they were content and happy the entire time.  We then came back to house to play and ordered pizza (we sent the male runner to pick up...thanks honey).  It was a lovely morning.  Thanks Holly, Erin and kids!
Blake, Ava, Kate, Holly, Ellie, Emma, Erin, Ethan (hiding behind "mom")


No comments:

Post a Comment