Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Blake's 3rd Birthday Party

We had a Thomas the Train theme for his party.  No I did not make this cake, could you tell?
We celebrated Blake with our family on Sunday.  I first have to say that I have the best family and support around.  Everyone we invited (19) was able to come and I think that says a lot about my family and this busy world we live in that everyone took the time and made the effort to be here.  My grandparents traveled 30+ minutes to be here, whom we affectionally call "Happy Pappy" and "Grand Mary".  My parents came, of course it could have been a blizzard and they would be here to see Blake (and Ava too).  Ed's parents came, now they didn't have far to travel (they are our neighbors), but we already celebrated Blake the weekend before with them, but they made decision to come to this too.  My brother worked, but came after work and his wife had to run their oldest daughter, Lauren, to sing at a Memorial, but they came directly after.  My sister Sheila and her family had a function and came after it (she's more than a best friend, she's a sister).  My other sister, Holly (again more than a best friend) came with her family and they just got home the day before from Disney.  Let's just say I feel the love!
The party was a lot of fun.  Grand Mary said it was like an eposide of Peanuts with all the children running around.  We ate, had cake and ice cream, opened presents and caught up with everyone.  These are the memories I will cherish and think of as the "good ol' days".











No comments:

Post a Comment