Friday, November 4, 2011

Blake is 3




Three years ago at 10:23pm Blake was born and the minute he was in our arms we were over joyed with happiness.  I never knew that type of love before nor that my heart actually would feel bigger or fuller by having a baby, but he certainly makes my heart happy.  Blake entered the world after a two days of contractions (yes, ladies and I lived to tell the story).  He was born on Election Day.  My sister-in-law, Lori, made a sign saying, "We voted for Blake".  It was a very tense birth and I wasn't the first to hold him, both of which were tough to swallow, but on the other hand he was healthy and I was thrilled with that blessing.  Blake has always been "easy".  He is more on the quiet side, content, doesn't complain and easy going. He is the apply of my eye and I am so proud of him and all that he has accomplished.  He has proven to be a hard worker and no job is too big for him.  I love how he always wants to help us out whether dusting or emptying the truck bed of wood.  Blake you have made Motherhood a joy and blessing, just by being born and being your wonderful self.  May all your dreams come true honey.  As I say to him every night "You are a kind, loving, smart and handsome boy.  We are so proud of who you are".

1 comment: