Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Happy 40th Birthday Ed!

Okay, so I am back after a long blog break!  Finding time has been hard lately, but I really have missed writing about all that has been happening.
Stylish Ed!
A big milestone has happened for my husband of 5 years, Ed turned 40 on October 1st!  Because we are currently living on love I didn't have a big 40th party.  In fact Ed was working on the day we planned to celebrate!  In our hearts we know we will eventually have the time and money to devote to one another, but for now we fully devoted parents of two very little ones.
I do want to take this time to let him know (although he doesn't read my blog) how much I love him as a man, a husband, and father of our babies.  He is always trying to fit us into his schedule of working on the train and working on much needed house items...like keeping up with wood supply so that we have a warm house and warm water!  He certainly goes the extra mile to spend time with his children, whom he adores.  In fact I believe he spends more time with our children than the average Dad.  Our children look up to him as their hero and it brings tears to my eyes.  We love you and think you are the best:)
A man with his power drill!
A funny story...the other night Ed and I put the kids to bed and had some time alone.  I was chatting away, naturally and we wonder where Ava gets it, and letting him know how much I love him.  My exact words were, "I love you more now than the day we were married" something I just didn't know happened, but I guess the more trials and tribulations you endure those things either break you down or pull you closer.  Any way he looked at me and reached out, I thought for my hand (would have been the "right" move), but no it was for the remote!!!!!  I was a bit embarrassed that I was so far off!  I had to laugh and remind him the kids were asleep, he could be more romantic.  He did hold my hand and laugh with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment