Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Treat





Thursday before Halloween is the "traditional" day we go trick or treating.  Blake decided to be a Phillies baseball player and Ava went as a ballerina (they may have been influenced?).  Please notice Blake's hat, Mommy had to make it a Phillie's hat, thank goodness the lettering is easy!  Ava is wearing her Mommy's ballet costume from when she was 5 years old!  Yes, I have a mother who saved all of my ballet costumes and shoes!  The best part about Ava's Halloween costume is that her cousin Lauren wore it when she was either 2 or 3 years old also.  I wonder if Ava's daughter will wear it too.  I better take good care of it.  Blake was especially excited for this day, because he remembered going last year and he thought it was amazing that all you did was walk up to a door say, "trick or treat" and they would give you candy!  Now Ava being the independent sort, wanted to walk like a big girl without holding anyone's hand.  I must also add Holly's little girl Kate (5 years old) thought she could walk with her friend from the neighborhood without adults:)  We live on a street that does not have trick or treaters so we go to Aunt Holly and Uncle Steve's house and go with Kate and Ellie.  It's like old times for Holly and I so we enjoy the time together.  A big thank you to my mom who has also volunteered her time every year to go with me and put up with me barking orders to her:)  I don't know what I do without her help and support, maybe I would be gray by now, I shutter just typing that!
Blake, Kate (pumpkin), Ellie (Bell), Ava
Please notice the placement of my son's hand, no I did not tell him to act like a ball player

Holly's girls are always helpful with "baby Blake" and "baby Ava"


1 comment:

  1. Yay! I have lots of pictures of me in that dress. (: She looks adorable.
    Blake is a great "ball" player:) haha..that's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete