Monday, September 5, 2011

POTTY TRAINED!

As I hold my breathe and write that "BLAKE IS POTTY TRAINED"!  Music to any mother's ears.  As I posted previously "Up to my ears in poop" we had a rough two weeks of Blake not feeling well and having a sore bum due to diarrhea.  This pushed us into potty training and he has been a pro.  Yes, we have had a few accidents, but it's all new and he just got over being sick and still had some diarrhea.  I certainly will cut him a lot of slack.  At first I had to tell him to go to the potty or constantly ask if he had to go.  Now in only one week he tells us when he has to go.  Now we aren't potty trained through nap or bedtime, but that will come with time.  There are a lot reasons I believe this went smooth:  1. He cried b/c his bum hurt and didn't want that to happen again.  2. We went without diapers or underwear for a few days.  3.  We had no outside pressure.  4. I am a stay home mom and it has allowed me to take my time.  I figure as long as he's potty trained before school we are fine:) 
Way to go Blake!  Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you!  Blake earned a fishing rod (thanks Uncle Brad) and to break it in we took the family to the lake and tested out the rod on the boat.

1 comment: