Monday, September 5, 2011

First Day of School!


The little girl's mother should have combed her hair!

What good students sitting and paying attention!


Everyone loves to be the helper and put something on the board.


Blake is pointing to my yellow hat and Tad must think circle time is interesting too.

Today we began our first day of school in our house!  Yes, I know it is a national holiday, but I am just so excited to get back into teaching.  The benefit is I have no paper work, parents to deal with or meetings.  This is what I love to do, TEACH!  All of the "Back to School" ads and talk got me to think two things 1. I am dreading the day my little ones start school, mostly because I won't get as much of their time (selfish I know, but I will be praying for snow days again, this time so I can spend the day with my kids) and 2. I am excited to teach again.  I love planning things out and organizing, it just makes me feel happy and accomplished.  This might seem crazy to a lot of people, but if you knew my mom you know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Today's lesson is on the color "Yellow".  Thank goodness I could wear a yellow hat (Ava had her teacher up until 3am so I needed a hat today).  Not that these are flattering pictures of me, I am embarrassed to post them, but I wanted to capture our school in progress, which we call "circle time".  My students came well prepared, dressed in yellow and even had yellow objects in their backpacks (thanks to their Mom).  We did calendar, weather, reading, songs, played "I Spy something Yellow", and even practiced walking/marching in a line (I had to pick up my students from the living room and thought we need practice following in a line).  All in all it was a successful first day and I am sure you are dying to know what we do tomorrow for the color yellow!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea!! I really enjoyed this post! Keep me posted on how "school" is going.

    ReplyDelete