Thursday, December 1, 2011

Nuk, pacifier, binky, bippy, etc.

Ava is getting bigger too and has given up her pacifier, affectionately called her "Nuk".  Last Tuesday she was having some cold symptoms and didn't want her Nuk when she went to bed.  In fact the few days preceding she only chewed on it...I had to toss two.  She is cutting her eye teeth, which is probably why she had the cold symptoms.  It has been good to break her of this because I knew she needed to give it up eventually, but I fretted on how and when.  Luckily she lead me and decided it was time.  I just love when my kids do things like this, it makes my job so much easier.  Now it hasn't been smooth sailing.  Even though she has only asked for it one night  and my response was they are "all gone" and she was satisfied with this answer.  The other side is that she has been waking a lot in the middle of the night.  In fact the week of Thanksgiving I slept about 15 hours that whole week!  When we went shopping on Black Friday, my mom couldn't get over how bad my eyes looked and yes I had on makeup!  I looked like I should be playing football since I had the black under my eyes already.  I am so proud of Ava for conquering this difficult item of comfort to give up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment