Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Two years ago!

My precious baby girl, Ava, was born 2 short years ago at 2:13am.  She was 19 inches in length and 6lbs.  Her Daddy, Ed, and I are so abundantly proud of her and  blessed to be her parents.  I remember desperately wanting to go into labor on the weekend so that Ed would be home and not working.  God answered that prayer.  We got to the hospital a little after 10pm on Sunday night and she came into our world 4 hours later.  The memory I will cherish about her birth is the first night after she was born we (Ed, Ava &I) stayed up late (2:30am) and watched the snowfall out our window as a family and we just reflected in the beauty of the night.  I had Ava in my arms and my husband by my side and I thought "Life is sweet".  We had a lot of snow that week, including a blizzard of 12+ feet of snow 4 days after she was born.  It was nice being snowed in as a family of four.
Now that Ava is two, she is spunky and full of smiles.  She loves to chat, sing songs, and dance.  Her vocabulary is impressive and she is willing to try new things.  She is a great eater...willing to try almost anything.  She loves her big brother and wants to do everything that he can do. 
Happy Birthday my sweet baby girl.  I love you and am proud of you.

1 comment: