Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Jubilee

The fourth of July was almost a month away, but I wanted to share some of things we did that day.  Unfortunately I was having problems with my camera so there are no pictures.  After my exhausting race we took the kids to see the poor animals that all the kids overly loved!  Blake and Ava got to touch a goat, calf and kitten.  This was amazing for a 1 and 2 year old.  Then we took them to ride Easter, a horse, it was their first horse ride (this is why I am blogging about it).  They proudly rode Easter while Daddy walked along to ensure that nobody fell off.  Ava clutched Easter's mane and Blake held on tight to Sissy.  We also watch a hometown parade with lots of trucks and cars.  Blake would on occasion elbow Daddy as if to say do you see what is coming next!  They picked up candy that was thrown their way and as a Mom I proudly watched my son give a piece of candy to a little girl sitting next to us because she didn't get any.  Talk about melting my heart.  Blake is so kind and considerate, I just love that boy.  We had a small picnic with Grandmother and Pappy that evening, but decided not to attend the fireworks this year.  It was a fun day with the family.

I also wanted to add that in our local newspaper of the race, no you can't see me, but my mom is in the background watching us (all 500+) take off.  I thought it was great to see her in the picture.

1 comment: