Saturday, May 21, 2011

Not Just Another Rainy Day




It has been raining all week with small breaks in the sky to run outside.  Well when you have a 1 year old and a 2 1/2 year old it takes more than a few seconds to ready to go outside.  After dinner on Friday I told Blake and Ava that we would go outside as soon as we were finished eating and cleaned up the toys. Blake worked diligently on helping me clean up and get the house in order.  Ava, well let's just say that she kept herself occupied and didn't tear everything back out.  Which in my eyes equals success.  After putting the last kitchen item away I looked up, gave Blake a high five and the heavens opened up with a down pour of rain.  Knowing how much my kids love being outside, not to mentioned my house was in perfect order and I didn't want to think of anyone pulling it all back out, we went out on the front porch to watch the rain.  Then I had a grand idea to roll out the white paper, crayons, markers (only taken out on special occasions) and the watercolor paints with brushes (also only taken out on rare occasions).  They had a blast!  I don't believe any crayons were used for this artwork, but it certainly kept everyone entertained.  Ava spilled the water for the paint and that gave Blake the idea to get his feet, "paws" is what he referred to them as, wet and run up and down the porch making "paw tracks".  By the end Blake's feet were wet and Ava's were multicolored with paint.  It was a fun evening.

1 comment: